DIPLOMATE OF NATIONAL BOARD (DNB)
The department of academics forms a vital support to manage and sustain the quality care at different levels in the hospital. With this objective in view, .the National Board of Examinations was approached for accreditation of certain specialties. In the year 2001 accreditation was granted in Family Medicine. In 2003, the hospital obtained further accreditation from the National Board of Examinations in the specialties of Anesthesia, General Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), and Pediatrics. The specialties of General Medicine and Obst. & Gynecology were granted recognition for DNB studies in January 2004 and January 2005 respectively. The hospital is in the process of getting accreditation in the department of Gastroenterology and Respiratory Medicine.
The hospital is proud of the results of DNB trainees and hope to augment it further.
Seeing the achievements of Department of General Surgery, the number of seat has been increased from one to two by the Board.
The department has a well-equipped library with latest edition of books and journals with 10 computers with on line access to Internet. Reception equipment has been installed for teleconferencing of IGNOU.
The hospital has also been approved by Medical Council of India for Internship training with intake of 20 candidates every year.
DIPLOMA COURSES IN PARAMEDICAL
The hospital is also conducting the following diploma courses :-
- Medical Laboratory Technology,
- X-ray & Imaging Technology
- Operation Theatre Technology
- The above courses are approved by Indian Medical Association.
- The admission to the above courses is done in October every year for the session commencing from November. The course is of 1 ½ years duration and thereafter final theory and practical examinations are conducted by IMA.
- The successful candidates are allowed to join six months internship.