Dr. Rakesh Chawla has over 28 years of experience in the field of Respiratory Medicine. He has pioneered the technique of Endobronchial placement of glue in cases of hemoptysis and BPF.
With his vast experience he is among the most trusted doctors in India in the field Interventional Pulmonology (Including diagnostic, Interventional bronchoscopy and medical thoracoscopy) Sleep Medicine (Science of Snoring and Sleep Apnea). He is very well experienced in tracheal stenting or airway stenting, Endo Bronchial electric cautery, APC, Cryobiopsy, Cryoablation and Balloon Bronchoplasty. Well trained with foreign body removal especially in children with rigid bronchoscope.
He has previously worked with MOH, KSA with experience at King Faizal Research Hospital, Riyadh. He has been trained in Sleep medicine from Royal Alfred Hospital Sydney, Australia and trained for medical thoracoscopy at Singapore General Hospital, Singapore. For Interventional Bronchoscopy he attended workshops in India and abroad i.e. Singapore, Munich (Germany), Japan (Tokyo) and attained expertise in doing all procedures in routine in the hospitals.
He has a number of publications in national and international journals to his credit. He regularly attend national (NAPCON & BRONCOCON) and international (ATS, ACCP, ERS) conferences
AREAS OF CLINICAL INTEREST
Interventional Bronchoscopy including both Rigid and Flexible, Cryo recanilisation and cryobiopsies, Medical Thoracoscopy, Endobronchial Electric Surgery (EBES), Placement of Stents and Removal of Stents, Balloon Bronchoplasty, Percutaneous Tracheostomy, Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) (linear and Radial), Equipped with ALICE – 5 Sleep Lab with PDX and Ambulatory Somnography
EDUCATION & FELLOWSHIP
- MBBS from PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana
- MD from PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana
- College of Chest Physicians (USA)
- College of Chest Physicians, INDIA
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
AWARDS & HONOURS
- Appreciation Award from Hon’ble Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam sir
- Will be awarded the prestigious ICS - Dr. O A Sarma Oration Award by Indian Chest Society at NAPCON 2015
- He has been ceremoniously given Siropao at Gurdwara, Punjabi Bagh
- President, Sleep Forum Association (India)
- Chairman Organizing Committee Broncocon 2014 Delhi
- Executive Member of IAB (Indian Association of Bronchology)
- Member of Indian Chest Society
- Member of Indian Sleep Disorder Association
- Member of Association Physicians of India
- Member of Indian College of Allergy and Applied Immunology
MBBS, MD, FCCP, FNCCP