Dr Sanket Garg is associated with Jaipur Golden Hospital as Senior Consultant and Head of Department in the Department of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular surgery. He graduated from PGIMS Rohtak and passed his post-graduation and super specialization from prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). After that he worked in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute as associate consultant till 2016 to gain further experience in cardiac surgery specially beating heart coronary artery bypass surgery. Then he joined Fortis hospital in Kangra as consultant and head of department of CTVS and started and established the department of cardiac and vascular surgery there. He has an experience of over 500 adult and pediatric cardiac and vascular surgeries. He has keen interest in field of coronary artery bypass grafting specially beating heart surgery and valve surgery along with all kinds of peripheral arterial and venous surgeries. At escorts heart institute he was a core member of heart failure program and an integral part of heart transplant team. He has keen academic interest also with several papers and poster presentations to his name and national and international journals.
Awards & Honors
- Unidirectional valved patch closure of ventricular septal defects with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2012 Jun; 14(6): 699–702.
- Open vertical vein in non-obstructed supracardiac TAPVC: merits and fate. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2012 Apr;20(2):114-9
- Aortic valve replacement with biological substitutes in children Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals October 2012 vol. 20 no. 5 518-524
- Peritonitis: 10 years experience in a single surgical unit: Trop Gastroenterol 2007 Jul-Sep;28(3):117-20
- Ruptured Acute Type- A Aortic Dissection with cardiac tamponade: management with extracorporeal circulation under local anesthesia: a case report: presented at annual IACTS meet 2015 in Hyderabad and submitted for publication in IACTS.
- Histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate (HTK-Custodiol) for myocardial protection for patients undergoing adult cardiac surgical procedures: a single centre experience: presented at annual IACTS meet 2015 in Hyderabad and at annual IJECT meet in Hyderabad 2015.
- Concomitant Carotid Endarterectomy and Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: Mid Term and Long Term Results- Single Centre Experience. Abstract accepted for oral presentation in Asian Society of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons 2016, Taiwan.
- Senior resident AIIMS (Jan 2012-sep2012)
- Associate consultant CTVS Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (sep 2012-aug2016)
- Consultant CTVS Metro Hospital Faridabad (Aug 2016-jan 2017)
- Consultant and Head of Department CTVS Fortis Hospital Kangra (Jan 2017-mar2018)
Indian Assosiation Of Cardio-thoracic Surgeons (IACTS)
MBBS, MS (AIIMS), Mch CTVS (AIIMS)